Sunday 19 August 2018

20 miles done in fairly decent conditions today. Set my alarm for 7am but was always thinking I would never get out that early, the rain pelting the bedroom windows only confirmed that prediction.

Slept the extra couple of hours only to wake and get dressed to run to witness the rain falling heavier than before. So took the opportunity to rest some more and eventually set out just after 11am.

The run itself was uneventful apart from an unexpected ear-worm in the form of the Arctic Monkeys' song 'Teddy Picker'. This song rattled around for most of the 2 hours 37+ minutes I was out for.

Legs ok apart from feeling a little sluggish between 8-12 miles. Towards the end it got a little more uncomfortable but I noted at the time that I had picked the pace up from the steady 8:00/mile pace I had set out at.

20 miles in 2:37:29

HR average 145bpm

Average pace 7:53/mile

Polar Index 70

Weight in the morning (before run) 12st 8lbs

Refueled with this later on...