Monday 20 August 2018

6 miles tonight in perfect conditions for running. My legs felt pretty decent despite the 20 miles the previous day. So much so I decided to add some pace.

Generally speaking it should have been an easy run to recover from the long run, however, since I felt good and I don't think I've been doing enough speed work, I decided to have a blast.

Ended up with 6 miles in 40:58 which is 6:49/mile or bang on marathon pace with a sub 3 hours target.

Pacing was a little erratic with splits as follows:

7:37
6:54
6:36
6:42
6:22
6:38

HR average 156

Felt in control mostly and whilst it felt a hard pace I could have done another couple of miles, especially if I had controlled the pace better.

Ideally I would run this session closer to MP and not build up so much lactic with the 'too fast' miles.

https://flow.polar.com/training/analysis/2748509737