Sunday 12 August 2018

This week ended with a wet 9 mile run in the forest tracks near our holiday home in Brittany. Thom joined me on bike.

After two days of travelling to Thorigné-Fouillard near Rennes (our holiday home) I didn't manage to squeeze any running in at all. With a 5am alarm call on Saturday to catch our ferry, my planned run on Saturday afternoon upon arrival did not happen.

After spending Sunday morning strolling around Rennes we returned to our holiday home and I decided to check out the forest tracks next to our base. Thom joined me on one of the provided bicycles. 


We set off in humid conditions, the tracks were perfect and I soon got into my stride. However, 4 miles in the rain came and didn't let up for the duration. 


Navigation was tricky but I was glad to have my phone with OS maps of the region loaded. You can easily rack up some decent mileage simply doubling back repeatedly, which is what I will probably end up doing next week. 


Me and Thom made it back after 9 miles soaked to the bone but happy enough. 


34 miles for the week which is fine as it was a cutback week and the traveling meant an enforced couple of easy days helped with tired legs.