Thursday 16 August 2018

Went out this afternoon in cool and drizzly conditions. A change to the heat of June/July back home.

Legs felt quite heavy to start with so kept pace nice and easy. Actually felt cold for the first time in ages and glad I wore my long-sleeved training top.

Passed another runner who said "Hi". Then came to the end of one of the tracks I had been running along which meant a brief period (3/4 mile) on-road. The roads are minor so only two cars passed me. Weather deteriorated at this point.

Back into the forest and on tracks again. Running downhill towards the carrefour that led back to our cottage. Doubled back up a previous track and did some quick maths to ensure I ran 8 miles by time I got back.

Final stretch was again an opportunity to lift the pace as the runner I passed earlier was heading my way. Reeled him in going up a slight gradient. As I passed I kicked on and by the time I turned onto the farm track I was flat out. Last mile 6:39.

8 miles 1:01:59
HR average 141
Polar Index 74