Tuesday 21 August 2018

It was very hot when I got in from work so delayed tonight's planned 10 miles until 8pm.

Since light was already fading (summer is disappearing quickly now) I ran on my standard 5 mile road loop. It's not ideal as it has a couple of big road junctions, however, it is mainly on good pavements with long stretches of straight paths to get into a decent rhythm.

Started out feeling reasonable considering last night's blast and basically got into my stride early doors. Despite the temperature dropping it was still hot enough for me to be soaked after the first lap.

The second lap was run in darkening conditions with street lights now fully illuminating the route. I managed to pick the pace up quite comfortably and felt like I was running well. Almost that nirvana bliss like state of floating along effortlessly towards the end. Very hot and pretty tired when I got home though. Easy miles tomorrow.

https://flow.polar.com/training/analysis/2752097717